Sunday, July 19, 2015

things that happen;

Some things are meant to happen. It's incredible and intriguing how everything works, the way things work. Something really unexpected happened to me. This story is about a boy, a boy I used to like a lot, and the one who became very distant from me.

I haven't properly talked to him for almost 3 years now, because a lot of things ocurred while we tried to work our friendship out; and I think both of us couldn't put our pride aside to say something to each other again.

I went to some friend's graduation, and I wasn't aware that he was going to be there, because it was his graduation too. He had to talk and when he did, I simply listened to him. I was surprised, he was way more mature than he was before.

The whole event ended, my mom wanted to leave and I was having a hard time deciding if I should leave, or at least say something to him.

I stayed with my dad a little longer, watching people congratulate him, hug him.

I was going to leave, I promise. But my dad stood up and decided to walk near him at the exact moment he was picking up his stuff from his seat. I walked by his side, and I don't know what happened to my body. I couldn't keep walking, I just couldn't. I turned and stared at him. He stared at me. He smiled and I smiled.

And we both knew. We knew what was about to happen, what had to happen.

He said: "Hi" and he was about to give me a kiss on my cheek, but I hugged him. I simply said: "Congratulations on your graduation" but there were so many things I wanted to say, so many questions I wanted to ask; I was tongue-tied. He hugged me tighter and I knew he understood what I was thinking, there was no need for words.

In the moment we were about to say something my dad came and congratulate him too. We smiled once more and I left.

At some point this had to happen, I knew we couldn't just fade away from each other's lives.

It was like the universe was telling us to be friends again, to fix things and to stop being so immature.

Things like this happen to everyone of us everyday. We meet people, we find a job, we get into a certain college because we have to.

I'm sure something wonderful expects us in every situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment